11.02.2010

comfortable chic

A couple weeks ago one of Alex's colleague's contacted me in pseudo desperation to help her turn her uptown (uptown in Charlotte means downtown) condo into a home. I met with her on a Saturday afternoon to check out the space and get an idea of her design style, etc., and it turns out that she inadvertently introduced me to a new style: Belgian Modern Design. When I asked her to describe her personal style and asked about her favorite furniture stores, she said her dream would be to outfit the entire space in Restoration Hardware. I immediately came home and began researching the "Restoration Hardware" style and came across Belgian Modern--characterized by neutral linen, little furniture, no clutter and warm-toned woods that create a setting that is warm, comfortable and lived-in. In addition, I read on the DwellStudio blog that this design style is about to take over America in way not seen since the Hollywood Regency movement. Thanks, Danielle, for showing me a new look!

p.s. Stay tuned as I track our decorating progress. Here's a closer look at modern Belgian:

Interior by Kay Douglass, House Beautiful

Interior by Kay Douglass, House Beautiful

Interior by James Huniford, Elle Decor
Interior by Sills Huniford, Architectural Digest
Restoration Hardware
Restoration Hardware

No comments:

Post a Comment