11.04.2010

paint it white

Now that the box house is a dream no more, I've begun fantasizing about my next possible home--one that exists in my mind and from time to time materializes in Charlotte. It's a one-story, mid-century home with tons of windows, a great yard (possibly a pool) and is located in a very "desirable" neighborhood. Of course, in order for us to afford this home, it has to be in slight disrepair yet livable condition. We'll gradually renovate it over the years until it becomes the home of our dreams...and then we'll sell it and start all over again somewhere else.

The first thing I want to do to this house is paint the floors white. I'm a girl who loves color, but lately I've been dreaming in white on white. White floors accented by white walls and a white ceiling. Then I can go crazy loco with the colors I use in decorating this blank canvas.

My mind may change a thousand more times before any of these dreams become a reality--especially if our house stays on the market for another 18 months--but at least it takes my thoughts away from our currently cramped living quarters.






Interiors (above) by Vicente Wolf, images from New York Social Diary


Elle Decor

Metropolitan Home

Metropolitan Home
Domino

decor 8

No comments:

Post a Comment