11.19.2010

texturize


What do you do with a 21-foot blank wall in a downtown condo with amazing views of the city? That's the challenge I'm faced with in decorating Danielle's place. Above is a picture of the living room and the enormous wall that we want to cover with some sort of texture (whether faux or actual). The problem isn't coming up with a solution per se but coming up with an affordable solution. We found a subtle metallic grasscloth that looks amazing in the space but I was quoted $725 for installation (plus materials!). I know I'm new to this, but that seems a bit steep. If Alex and I can manage to hang a patterned wallpaper in our crooked hallway--while I was six months pregnant--then I have a hard time believing a professional would take more than a few hours to do a simple grasscloth on a flat, blank wall.

I'm seeking other estimates, and also looking into plan B (and C and D...). While I search, go ahead and take a look at what grasscloth can add to a room (all images from decor pad).






No comments:

Post a Comment