11.20.2010

fake it

marthastewart.com

When in doubt, look to Martha Stewart. Faced with the dilemma of finding a less expensive alternative to the grasscloth wallcovering I wanted to use in Danielle's condo, I've been researching faux finishes that would create the dramatic, textured effect she wants. I've looked at everything from metallic finishes (too blingy!) to venetian plaster (too medieval!) until I finally came across what could possibly be the perfect look for her classic, casual [Belgian Modern] style--a fine linen faux finish. The linen look sold me because linen is the key element in Belgian Modern interiors. 

I hope she likes the idea...the next challenge will be to actually create the look myself (at least the process will provide anecdotes for the blog). I did take a faux finishing class while I was in design school, but that was five years ago. At least I remember to test my technique on a practice board before applying it to the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment