11.07.2010

my next victim



So this is it: the next house I've decided to stalk. I never realized I had such stalker tendencies until we began this little crusade to sell our starter home. Actually, that's not entirely true. In high school I sort of stalked a guy I had a crush on. I didn't do anything creepy like hide in his car to "surprise" him or anything, I simply memorized his entire class schedule--including daily trips to the locker--for the chance to brush by him in the hallway. So I would say my stalking is of the quiet, non-invasive type. 

Fifteen years later, I've channeled my stalking energy into inanimate objects (such as somebody else's home) and dragged my husband and two kids along for the ride. When the whole box house thing came to a head last week, I revisited my dream of renovating a mid-century home and asked myself, "What would the Novogratzes do?" (see here for more on the inspiring Novogratz family). "Buy the neighborhood, not the house" has been echoing in my head all week, and I've convinced myself that I'm up for the challenge of transforming a diamond in the rough. 

This house would be a dream to renovate. It has great bones, an even better plot of land and is located in one of the best neighborhoods in Charlotte. The cons? It needs way more than a coat of paint on the walls. I'll be posting more pictures later this week (don't worry--we actually had our realtor show us the house, so I wasn't just peering in the windows snapping photos). One thing is for sure: if things were to work out for us, I would have blogging material for the next five years or so...

By the way, I did end up dating that guy I "stalked"  in high school, so maybe there is something to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment