9.14.2010

safari ride

For whatever reason I'm somewhat obsessed with elephants. I can't pinpoint exactly when or how this obsession began, but I can tell you it was sometime after my 18th birthday. I know this because when I was 18 my obsession du jour was dolphins and (sadly) I have the tattoo to prove it. In my defense, though, dolphins were very cool in 1995 (and the legal age for getting a tattoo should be at least 25).

But back to the elephants. My obsession hasn't (yet) resulted in permanent body ink--although I have thought about how I could turn the dolphins on my hip into an elephant--but I do look for ways to incorporate them into my decorating. On a trip to the Sleepy Poet last month, I came across a couple of elephant side tables that spoke to me. The first was priced at $150 and the second was only $35, so we bought the cheaper one because I have plans to paint it some garish color anyway. It's currently lying in the back of our Explorer, but I'm dying to give it a new look and bring it into our home (when we have a bigger, more cooperative home of course).



No comments:

Post a Comment