9.05.2010

famous in a small town


So maybe we won't be famous on the small screen, but can always be famous in a small town. My hometown newspaper, The Winchester Star, recently interviewed us because a writer was working on a story about the 50th anniversary of To Kill a Mockingbird, and we had just named our daughter Scout. My mom called me Saturday morning to let me know we'd made it to print. She's sending me a copy of the article so one day when Scout thinks we're the biggest dorks alive we can show her we were once cool enough to be quoted in The Winchester Star, and we didn't even have to eat at the Snow White Grill (if you're from Winchester, you get it).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/07/2010

    How come you have never taken me to the Snow White Grill..? I always get Brubakers or those pinwheels from your Mom's refrigerator...not that those are bad options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH..I think I know who "anonymous" is...anyway...the SNOW WHITE GRILL is under new management, and it just isn't the same...V2 is great...but the "Half Note Lounge" at the newly renovated George Washington Hotel is the BEST...you'll appreciate these spots now that you are older and more "sophisticated"....or you can just grab a beer and a sandwich from Mom's fridge!!

    ReplyDelete