9.09.2010

take two


So guessed who called yesterday afternoon--the producer for HGTV's My First Sale. Apparently her boss had axed our story based solely on the information that we were just another family outgrowing our current space. He hadn't actually reviewed our application but once he did, he thought our story was compelling. He liked the fact that we moved here from Manhattan and 847 square-feet was palatial at first, but five years and two kids later it's shrinking by the minute (that was my pitch, by the way, I should have been in the production meeting last week). We chatted for another 30 minutes or so, and then she called my husband to get his side of the story. I texted him beforehand and told him to "be funny." He said he made her laugh a couple of times...

And now we wait. She had a production meeting this afternoon to further discuss us as candidates for the show, but I think we've got a pretty good shot this time (I knew they'd reconsider us!). I'm supposed to hear back within a couple of days, and the next step would be a casting test here in Charlotte. Good thing most of the baby weight is gone since the camera adds ten pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment