9.17.2010

scouting


Why is it that after we decided to name our daughter Scout I keep coming across things called "Scout?" My latest find are these pocket-sized notebooks--or Scout Books as the company calls them--that are made from 100% recycled papers and soy-based inks. In my early days living in New York, when the image of a "starving artist" was still appealing and I dreamed of becoming a writer, I used to carry a little notebook around in my bag to jot down my thoughts and inspirations for characters in the novel I was writing in my head. Five years later (and still living in New York) I attended design school and carried around a sketchbook for those moments when I again found inspiration but instead felt the need to draw.

So it's no wonder that I fell in love with this little Scout book--not only does it boast my daughter's namesake, but it also reminds me of the days when I wouldn't let my thoughts get too far away. I can't wait to order a pack of three Scout books--one for jotting my thoughts; one for sketching; and one for my next venture down the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment