9.08.2010

final project



I bought this chair on eBay when I was nine months pregnant and dying for a project to keep me busy (can you say nesting?). My original intention was to use it at my desk--the chair's curvature contrasts beautifully with the hard lines of my Parsons' desk--but I didn't pay attention to the measurements and realized when I saw it in person that it wouldn't work. So I sat on the project (no pun intended) for weeks, which turned into a couple months, until this past Sunday when I simply couldn't take it anymore. It was time to finish the chair as my final project before heading back to work next week.



One last look at the chair before. Remember the palm beach grandma inspired plastic-covered cushion?



After weeks of deliberating, I finally decided on Osborne & Little's berber print fabric to cover the cushion. I was pleasantly surprised to see the fabric in person (after winning it on eBay). It coordinates amazingly with the colors I've already used throughout my house, and the medallion print couldn't work better with the seat's shape.





Ta-da! Here's a look at my "new" chair. Now if I only had a place to put it...

No comments:

Post a Comment