9.20.2010

my first favorite color

As a child, purple was my favorite color. There was one year when I demanded purple sheets and sent my mom on a wild goose chase until she could fulfill my outrageous request (at the time purple was impossible to find; pinks abounded, but I wouldn't go for that). I still remember that first set of purple sheets...

But somewhere along the road, my favorite color changed. Perhaps it was when I heard that crazy people cite purple as their favorite color more often than any other, or maybe I just grew up (fact: adolescent girls like the color purple). In design school, they almost teach you not to like purple since so many people have a negative reaction to it. I subscribed to that ideal for a while, but lately I've been loving purple again. Maybe because I'm getting older and as the poem says, "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple."

Whatever the reason, here's a look at some interiors where the designer didn't listen to what the instructors say and trusted his/her own instincts that purple is phenomenal:

Elle Decor

Elle Decor

Jamie Drake interior, New York Social Diary

Domino

No comments:

Post a Comment