9.13.2010

cast away


Yesterday a guy with a camera came to our house to create a "casting video" for HGTV's My First Sale. Alex and I were interviewed separately, and then together and there was one family shot with us introducing the kids. I think we killed it. We're a cute, easygoing family, and I think (I hope) that shined through on our video. I felt completely relaxed in front of the camera and was excited to share our story. This isn't my first attempt at reality TV--my brother and I tried out for season two of The Amazing Race and made it to the semi-finals--so I hope I (we) make it all the way this time.

But let's not forget the reason I applied for the show in the first place was as a marketing tool to get our house sold. All the excitement of the casting video and my daydreams of us appearing on TV have temporarily pushed my anxieties about selling the house aside. I guess it's been a great distraction if nothing else comes of it...but I do want to be on TV.

1 comment:

  1. ... here's hoping that soon we will tune to our favorite channel, (and it is) and see you all get your house sold, AND become FAMOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete