9.21.2010

copy cat

mita copier

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but what about downright plagiarism? Today I discovered that a future co-worker has plagiarized a post I wrote for our company blog, schooled by poole, on her own blog. I just happened upon her post and couldn't believe it when I started reading my own words--how bizarre. I know the blog isn't a Pulitzer prize-winning piece of literature, but I was shocked nonetheless to see that someone who considers herself a blogger would steal someone else's words (and I do consider it stealing). In this age of the Internet, I understand that there are hundreds of blogs about fashion or design or whatever and themes repeat themselves infinitely, but to rip something off verbatim is what gets to me. I actually find it pretty lame. We can write about the same things, but let's not write exactly the same thing.

Ironically, her blog title refers to cats...maybe she is just a copy cat.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you ARE a great writer...I can see why she would want to steal your work...and let's face it...it IS stealing anyway you look at it...and a lot "Jr. High" like!! She should be ashamed of herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/22/2010

    will you please please please link this post to sbp. you have to. a true warrior would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you gonna confront this person or what? Although when I start my own blog, I might "borrow" some of your words because I'm not witty enough to come up with my own. But seriously, WTF?

    ReplyDelete