3.21.2015

the second day of spring

Rain rain go away; we've been reading all day.


I'm glad I picked up this 600-page tome on a recent trip to Book People. I didn't know I would be halfway in on this soaking wet weekend in Austin. Scout returned from her spring break adventures yesterday just as the rain took hold of the city. We've been trapped inside ever since.

In addition to plowing through Salinger today, I also read eight library books plus a Frog and Toad to Tillie. Scout busied herself with Nancy Clancy while Catcher read Diary of Wimpy Kid for the 15th time. We also completed a 500-piece puzzle and the kids played architect with their Structures. We managed to get a bit of gambling in too, while we caught up on the current standings of our NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Brackets (Scout and I are currently tied for first place if you're wondering). Only one more day of spring break...let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment