6.27.2012

martini, mexican style


Taking a break from the packing and the 104 degree temperature this afternoon, I tried an Austin classic--the Mexican Martini at Trudy's. While I give it an 8 for it's gimmicky quality, I give it a 3 in taste. They probably have better margaritas at Taco Cabana (not really, but maybe). Oops...I forgot to explain. A mexican martini is simply a margarita served in a martini glass and garnished with olives and a lime. I think the reason it gets props around here is because they serve it along with a giant shaker for you to top yourself off accordingly. That lime in the picture, by the way, is not on steroids; the glass is tiny. I would rather just order two of the $4 house margaritas because that's basically what you're getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment