3.30.2012

to the races


Alex is working from home this week. Usually when I refer to Alex as "working from home," I mean he's spending his afternoons on conference calls drinking free coffee in our building's community room (or whatever you call it). But this time I mean he's working for the Longhorn Network here in Austin. He's working 15 hour days, which means he's out of the apartment by 7:00am and doesn't make it home until I'm curled up in bed watching TV, but at least I have a fresh pot of coffee waiting for me in the morning and the dishwasher is unloaded.

Another plus is that I'm able to take the kids to see Alex during his lunch break. We missed all the exciting track and field events (yes, there is such a thing) but Catcher and Scout got to hang out in the TV truck and wear fancy credentials...definitely more exciting than story time at the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment