3.13.2012

another texas first

I lived in Texas for seven months and nine days (approximately) before tasting my first margarita. Obviously that's what happens when you move to a new city and you're three months pregnant, but I have been dying for one. So this weekend Alex and I braved the credential-wearing SXSW crowd downtown for a night out at La Condesa. I don't want to say that I put a lot of pressure on this margarita to be the best I've ever tasted since it had been so long, but I almost over-thought the big moment.

The Passion Fruit & Spiced Mango Margarita sounded devine, but then I wondered if it would be considered the Cosmopolitan of the margarita world. Another choice was the Alma Blanca, which consisted of some type of habanero-infused tequila, but I think it was the fresh corn that threw me off on that one. Finally I went with Alex's sage advice and ordered the Margarita la Clasica: el jimador silver, patron citronge, lime juice, agave nectar, cactus and lemongrass-infused salt rim.

photo from Austin ModHouse

This could be the nine months on the wagon talking, but I seriously think it was the best margarita I've ever had. I'm not going to stop there, however. I promise to spend the next few months seeking out Austin's best margarita (in my humble opinion). Or is that just an excuse to drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment