10.18.2011

spooky hobby

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays--if we don't count last year's fiasco--but I'm clearly not the crafty type when it comes to costumes and decorations. This year Scout is going to be the shark that Catcher was for his first Halloween. One of the reasons is because he only wore the costume for thirty seconds to take a picture (literally) and the other is that when I was going through Catcher's old clothes to donate them to Goodwill, we came across the shark and tried it on Scout. She made such a pretty little shark that I couldn't resist. The only thing I had to purchase to complete the outfit was a white turtleneck and white tights from Target. Total cost = $7.00.

Once Scout was finished, we went to work on Catcher. We're still working on it. At first he wanted to be a shark, too, but now he wants to be the fisherman that caught Scout the shark. What does a shark catcher (pun intended) wear? Maybe I can convince him to be the surfer that's trying to get away from Scout the shark...

While researching Halloween costumes I got sucked into a world of decoration suggestions and pumpkin carving fanatics. Yes. I have to admit that these people are more creative than I. But does anyone else think maybe they have too much time on their hands? Or maybe I have too much time on my hands because I'm just sitting here critiquing their work. All photos below from Stylelist Home.




1 comment: