10.17.2011

market mornings


For the past month or so we've been spending our Saturday mornings at one of the Farmer's Markets in Austin. With the weather cooling down, the past two weekends have been ideal for a morning stroll. I wish I had the presence of mind to actually do some of my grocery shopping for the week, but with Catcher running around looking for popsicles--which I keep calling lollipops--and Scout bouncing out of the stroller  to the beat of the local musicians, making it through the aisles is a big enough chore.

Two weeks ago the weather was cool enough to bring my cowboy boots out of hiding from their box in the closet. Funny that the boots almost joined the Goodwill drop-off party in Charlotte before we moved. And then I remembered that we were going to Texas.

Although Catcher might argue that the popsicles are the best part of the trip, I've become quite fond of the two hippie dudes who plug in their guitars and entertain the morning crowd. Scout loves them, too...even though her style may be a little more Joan Jett than Grateful Dead.







No comments:

Post a Comment