10.10.2011

not quite famous


Today was the day of our big HGTV debut. Today was the day that someone, somewhere was going to see my little house in Charlotte and love its decor and track me down to help them decorate their own space. Or some fat cat at HGTV would happen upon our episode and see my "star quality" and decide that I need my own TV show.

Except none of that happened because our show didn't air. As of last night, we were still on the HGTV roster, but at 10:00am this morning--9:00 central time, by the way--some other family in Charlotte took over our time slot. Alex was home to watch the episode and broke the news to me via text since I was "playing it cool" and going about my normal day by taking the kids to the museum.

And so it continues...the TV show that almost didn't cast us if it weren't for my power of persuasion and pitching skills...the 9 months worth of interrupted weekends that we sacrificed...the takes and the double-takes and the triple-takes...the stressing over outfits to wear and remembering whether or not I had already worn that pair of shoes...the 4 hour shoots that turned into 12...I guess that's the price of fame (wink!).

No comments:

Post a Comment