10.04.2011

eco DIY

When I have the time--and a space that's mine to decorate--I love a DIY project. The only thing that holds me back is my patience and amateur skill set. Even though I think I have the know-how to wallpaper a hallway or make my own headboard, the truth is that I've never used a drill in my life, and the last time I touched a sewing machine was during home economics class in the seventh grade. For shame! I'm not saying this will stop me from venturing on to my next project when creativity strikes, but it's nice to have some of the work done for you (kind of like a semi-homemade DIY project).

Meet Spool. When I came across this build-it-yourself modular system that you can use to create a table base or room divider or anything other freestanding structure you can dream up, I had to share.


Other than allowing you to express your own creativity and personality, the system is eco-friendly and made from paper spools upcycled from the Los Angeles apparel industry. You won't see this in your typical West Elm catalog (*disclaimer: I love West Elm).


Spool is available online at Grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment