10.24.2011

in a flash

Another Saturday.
Another Farmers' Market.

This past weekend my mom and sister were visiting Austin for the first time. They were staying downtown, so Saturday morning we met up and ventured down to the (other) Austin Farmers' Market.

Interrupting thought: what did I do with myself before I discovered Farmers' Markets?

The weather was beautiful, the scones were fresh and the coffee revitalizing. In the midst of our morning conversation and musings on what to do for the day, the song "Yes, We Have No Bananas" began piping into the background from some unknown source. At first we thought it was leading off a dog parade until a motley crew emerged from the crowd and gathered in the open field to perform a synchronized dance. My first flash mob!


As tour guide for the weekend, I couldn't have planned it better myself. The dance was entertaining, and I almost wished I knew the moves. At any rate, the combination of flash mob and pumpkin scones (did I mention they also have live music and the popsicles that Catcher loves?) has caused me to reconsider my Famers' Market allegiance. This Saturday I think you'll find me at 4th and Guadalupe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment