8.03.2011

boxed out




If I have to open another box...

But before I get into that, let me backtrack for a minute and let you know where I am and why I feel like I'm living in the Middle Ages.

We made it to Austin on a balmy Monday afternoon (the temperature when we arrived at 4:00pm was 108 degrees) and quickly set up camp in our new apartment. When I say camp, I mean it because we got there before our pods, so after two nights sleeping in a hotel bed in New Orleans, we were back to the air mattresses. Actually, Alex and I had to sleep on the floor due to a last-minute snafu with one of the air valves, but I'd rather be sleeping on the floor in Austin than a bed in Charlotte.

Tuesday morning: coffee from the hippie shop across the street (there was a yoga class taking place at 8:00am) and then back to the apartment to wait for Direct TV. Direct TV guys come, they say sorry about your bad luck, but there's no direct sightline. Whatever that means; it means we don't have television and/or Internet capabilities. Plan B: call these U-Verse people that everyone's raving about for service. Next available appointment? August 25th. So there you have the short version of the story that ends with me living without the Internet for three and a-half weeks while dealing with a husband who's living without TV. Middle Ages.

So right now, there's not much to do except all the work we need to do. I'm documenting the move-in as best I can remember, so I'll share better pictures once I'm back on par with the 21st century. In the meantime, I hope my thumbs don't get over worked from typing on this tiny keyboard and my storytelling doesn't become too colloquial.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment