5.16.2011

i did it!
































I love to paint and repurpose old furniture, but I've never been the crafty Martha Stewart type who can make a garden grow or create innovative place settings for dinner parties. That's why I was particularly pleased with myself when I came up with this little DIY centerpiece for our showings this past Saturday. The empty dining room table was looking a little sad, and I'm not the type to set a table for "staging" purposes, so I had to come up with something. My little one-trick pony is buying a bunch of tulips in the same color and arranging them tightly in a short vase, but I forgot to get flowers at the Trader Joe's that morning, so I had to work with what I had. And what I had were a few colorful glass tumblers (courtesy of Calypso for Target) and an herb garden (courtesy of my mom). I snipped a little cilantro, a little rosemary and a little unidentified purple blossom thing, and voila! Instant centerpiece.


But my creativity didn't stop there...I put some rosemary by the kitchen sink for a touch--notice I avoided the word pop--of color, and then because I was so pleased with myself and on a roll, I moved the bamboo into the bathroom to create a little zen-like vibe in there.



These are all tricks that the realtors would have you believe will sell a house in an instant, but our feedback from Saturday (once again) was "no comment." But I can't complain (yet) because at least people are looking at the place. I'm just wondering how many "no comments" it takes to get an offer. Anyone?

Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you the best part of my herb geniusness. Tonight when I was making dinner (and by making, I mean heating up a bag of frozen pasta in a skillet) I reached behind me and tossed in a few sprigs of fresh rosemary. I like that word "sprigs." Let's take one last look at my genius work...

No comments:

Post a Comment