5.27.2011

sassy in minneapolis

Lonny
I saw this house featured in the latest issue of Lonny magazine, and I'm slightly obsessed. Maybe it's because I've dreamt of incorporating an Eero Aarnio bubble chair into my future home's decor, or maybe it's the crazy wallpaper or the bright yellow accents. Whatever it is, the room lead me to Google the designer who, guess what, happens to live in Charlotte. Crazy! Here are some other shots of this home in Minneapolis from Lisa Sherry Interieurs:


Although I've never been a big fan of all white walls (or ceilings!), I have to admit that the designer has given me some ideas. White walls give you the freedom to go crazy with a bold, patterned wallpaper or wild with a striped island in the kitchen set below an equally striking medallion painted on the ceiling. I'm totally inspired...even if it does mean there's another round of wallpaper-hanging somewhere down the line (read about my first experience here). I'll just make sure to do it on one, flat wall the second time around.

Below is another home, located here in Charlotte, that Lisa Sherry decorated. I have to admit that I like the bold patterns she uses when they play off of white walls versus a darker color. However, I do love the chalkboard wall in the kid's room. If you could only keep it that quirky with transformer sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment