12.31.2010

happy new year (to me)




























It's New Year's Eve. I'm home alone and wish I had a bottle of Veuve Clicquot as tall as Catcher, but instead I have a mini bottle of Korbel (and some wine). Unlike those out there who say New Year's is overrated and they'd rather go out any other night of the year, I genuinely love New Year's Eve. I love getting dressed up and going to a party and wearing a silly hat (and maybe a feather boa) and kissing on the stroke of midnight. I love watching the ball drop in Times Square, and I love a countdown when no one seems to be in sync. I also love the fact that everyone is the world is celebrating the same event yet, when you're with the people you love, you feel like it's a holiday all your own.

Why am I alone? Alex has a basketball game to produce in Cincinnati, and someone has to be here with kids (and where would I be going without him anyway?). So...here I sit waiting for Dick Clark (or Ryan Seacrest). I'm not one for making resolutions, but there is one major thing that I would like to see happen this year. God, if you're listening, I'd really like to sell our house. We contacted a new realtor this week, so we're ready for a fresh start in 2011...let the countdown begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment