12.14.2010

accounting

My dad is an accountant. One summer during college I crashed my car when I was selling books (don't ask) out in Oregon. After the accident, I decided to flee the left coast and spent the rest of the summer answering phones and performing secretarial duties, if you will, at his office. The accounting thing never grew on me. Although I've found myself in a marriage where I'm responsible for paying the bills and keeping track of overall expenses, I swear I'm not a "numbers" person. But I am organized and a bit of a control freak, so maybe accounting should have been my calling (oh wait...I'm not boring). Anyway, tonight I get to put my accounting skills to use once again as I prepare my first expense report for Danielle.


At least I have this festive peppermint cosmo--courtesy of Alex after I requested a "holiday" drink earlier in the day--to keep me company:

1 comment:

  1. Accounting will always be a part of our lives, no matter how much we avoid them. Lucky for you that you only deal with paying your bills and your everyday expenses. Others have to deal with the accounting or profit of a whole company or business, which is more complicated. Don't worry, you're going to perfect your skills someday. =]

    ReplyDelete