12.22.2010

welcome to the team


This afternoon I came home for lunch. This was strange because 1) I never leave work for lunch and 2) when I pulled into the driveway I saw the bouquet pictured above sitting on my side porch. I have to admit that my jaw dropped a little bit when I saw it, and my first thought was "Damn. Alex really stepped it up this year. He must have been listening to that guy on Oprah when he said to create monochromatic arrangements." This was immediately followed by my second thought: "This thing had to cost him like 200 bucks." So you can imagine my further surprise when I got the arrangement inside and read the card stating "Sarah, welcome to the team. We look forward to having you." Oh...did I mention I just took a new job?

If there was ever any doubt in my mind (which there wasn't) about beginning this new adventure, all worries were cast aside when I saw this message. I've been at the same job the entire five years that we've been in Charlotte, and I've never been more ready for something new. The timing is perfect--my last day at the old place is December 31st--and I'm looking forward to expanding my creative horizons. I'm returning to the PR world after a six- or seven-year hiatus, and I'm thrilled! Hopefully this good news will bring other good news (like the selling of our house!) in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment