10.10.2014

the queen(s) and i

Today I dusted off my old retail skills by slinging books at Scout's preschool book fair. Some of my favorite lines on the selling floor included "You can't consider it spoiling your child when you're buying him/her books" and "Have you read [insert book title here]? It's the best. My kids are obsessed with it." I think I rocked it. I never thought I would utter such a phrase in reference to a Scholastic book fair--or utter such a phrase period--but things change when those little buggers take over your life. I've always said that I want to "retire" and work for an indy bookstore, so maybe I have a future (after my current future).

On a side note, the theme of this year's book fair had something to do with knights and castles, so the girls came home wearing these:


No comments:

Post a Comment