10.18.2014

from football to football

This morning Catcher had a football (in the international sense) game followed by a football (American) game. I don't have pictures from the first sporting event of the day because Catcher spent the first half in tears--of the blotchy, hysterical variety--on the sideline after having left his shin guards at home. When he finally recovered his composure and made it into the game, his little sister (pictured below) was storming off on a temper tantrum run of her own. It was approximately 9:00am. And that's approximately 2 1/2 hours into my day. Buckle up--it's going to be a bumpy ride.


When my son was finally speaking to me again (I think the post-game juice box helped), I hustled the gang into the car to drive to the far Northeastern corner of Austin for our inaugural flag football game. Now it was Scout's turn to pitch a royal fit, and it was 10:15am. Thank goodness we had brought an arsenal of books with us (as per usual) so I was able to catch a few minutes of the game in between reading to Scout and sending her back to my bag to fetch a new book.


Somehow we--or rather, I--made it through the game (both games) and routed the troops to our next destination: a family luncheon celebrating Alex's stepmother's mom's 13th wedding anniversary. (Is that confusing enough for you?) There was cake. Kids love cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment