9.11.2014

while they were sleeping

This afternoon I found myself with a rare 2 1/2 hours to myself while the girls were napping. Due to a mysterious middle-of-the-night vomiting incident, I kept Scout home from school today. The planets aligned correctly around 11:30am when I put the girls down for a post-nap lunch (lunch was served at an early bird 10:55). They had both been awake through the night with Scout getting in and out of bed every 30 minutes from 3:30-5:30 (but who was looking at the clock anyway), so there was no negotiating the nap situation. I just couldn't believe my luck when I heard them both snoring five minutes after tucking them in.

I then set my sights on Catcher's room and "re-arranging" (i.e. de-cluttering, Goodwill-ing) his bookcase. I had to cart the giant box of items-to-be-donated out to the car while the girls were still sleeping because, you know, parents are sneaky like that. It will take them five months to notice that the puzzle with the missing pieces is no longer here, and by that time I can get away with an evasive "I don't know. I haven't seen that [insert 'lost' object here] in a while" reply when they come at me with their "Mom, where's the..." interrogation.

No comments:

Post a Comment