6.05.2014

the class of 2026


Today was Catcher's last day of kindergarten. It turns out that some folks around here consider the last day of kindergarten to be a graduation of sorts, so the class organized an off-grounds celebration this evening. I'm conflicted on this one. The cynic inside of me believes all this pomp and circumstance to recognize a group of six year-olds is just another reason to brag on Facebook about how cute or interesting or advanced your children are; however, the mom in me thinks it's pretty cute when her own [soon-to-be] six year-old tosses his "graduation" cap into the air. I did insist on a family graduation photo after all, so I'm guilty of giving into the hype. Karma got me on that one, though, when you see how perfectly imperfect it turned out.

In case you're wondering (or even if you aren't, I'll tell you anyway) my favorite photo(s) from this whole to-do are of the other parents taking photos of the graduating class. You really have to work hard to get a decent group shot. And video? Forget about it.










No comments:

Post a Comment