12.06.2013

somebody's watching me

"Aaron Rodgers, were you at the Four Seasons last night?" I overheard Catcher asking this to our Elf of a Shelf (whose name is Aaron Rodgers, not to be confused with the starting quarterback for the Green Bay Packers of the same name) yesterday morning. We succumbed to this Elf on a Shelf business last year, and the hardest part--other than remembering to move the damn thing before you go to bed each night--is thinking of new (and interesting, thanks Pinterest!) hiding places for the elf. What was I saying? Oh yeah...so the kids saw an elf at the Four Seasons when we were there to see the gingerbread houses, and they thought it was their elf, Aaron Rodgers. Even though it drives me a little crazy, I guess this "holiday tradition" is worth it when I'm able to eavesdrop on those candid moments when Catcher is having a chat with Aaron Rodgers.

p.s. Is it just me, or do you feel like someone is watching you right now?




No comments:

Post a Comment