12.09.2013

cold air, pink hat


Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure this has to be the coldest December on record for the city of Austin. Generally a "cold front" coming through the area lasts about two days, and then it's back to winter in the 60s. I'm no meteorologist, but my assessment on this one is pretty accurate (wink!). Why else would we suffer through 100-degree days in the summer if not for the promise of a mild--and by mild, I mean warm--winter?

Even though I've been able to get a couple of cute pictures of the kids in their winter weather gear, the battle of the winter coats that I've had to suffer through the past several mornings is not worth the price of cute. Why is it that Scout complains she's freezing (or FLEEZING, as she says) yet refuses to put on her coat, hat and gloves? Or she puts her gloves on and then takes them off as we're walking out the door and immediately begins crying that her hands are cold. Tillie follows suit saying she's not wearing her hat and then starts asking in the car, "Hey...where's my hat? Where's my hat?" God bless those with small children who live in the real cold this time of year. I don't know how you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment