12.28.2013

return of the "it's a girl" virus

Four years ago on Chritmas I was pregnant with Scout. We were visiting Alex's family in Milwaukee, and I was struck with a violent, 24-hour bug as we were leaving North Carolina (I threw up in the parking lot at the airport). I was around 8 weeks pregnant, so at first I chalked it up to morning sickness...until it disappeared the next morning and Alex woke up with my symptoms. The virus then moved through every adult member of the family, so we nicknamed it the "it's a girl" virus of 2009 (it's a girl because I never had morning sickness with Catcher and the old wives say girls are the ones who cause nausea).

Fast forward to this Christmas when we are once again spending time with relatives from a-far, and up pops another little virus. My niece had it first, then my sister-in-law and now me (*disclaimer: no one is pregnant in this scenario). We're taking bets on who gets it next. Alex left this morning to go back to Texas for work, but I told him to watch his back.

P.S. I haven't showered and I have puke in my hair, but the holidays must go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment