7.14.2011

pardon our appearance


While we were in Mexico, our flowers died. The window box now holds a bunch of shriveled-up flowers and a giant cobweb; the herb garden is nothing but a pot full of brown nothingness; the geranium is beyond thirsty. And just like that our curb appeal is gone. I'm not really that concerned, however, now that our house is off the buyer market and on the renter market. I don't think a renter looks at the house in the same way as a buyer, so what if the flowers have died? That's less work for the renters to keep up anyway, right? We have two showings tomorrow, and maybe I'm just feeling over-confident because we already received a message while we were in Mexico that someone is interested in renting the house, but in lieu of a frenzied cleaning tonight, I placed the above note on our dining room table. I was even wondering if I should add a postscript: this table is for sale...and so is the dresser in the master bedroom...and the one in the kids' bedroom. You know, just in case they want this house and they happen to like our decorating style and they happen to need a piece of furniture or two. I also think the smiley face is a nice touch. It shows we'll be great landlords.

No comments:

Post a Comment