7.26.2011

yard crashers

Here's what I learned this weekend: 1) we have a lot of junk, and 2) yard sale shoppers are more inclined to buy Alex's junk than to buy my junk. While I was giving some girl in her mid-20s the hard sale on why she needs my Matryoshka doll pillow by Thomas Paul, Alex was in the corner wheeling and dealing with a pile of posters that has been following him around since high school.

What do you want? You want sports? I got sports! You look like an arty kind of gal, I got a great Van Gogh over here for you...

It's like he had some secret stash that he was selling out of the back of his car or something, but the joke's on me because he made more off of his $2 posters than I did off of the $75 pillow I had to sell for $5. Actually, Alex is the one who ended up closing the deal on that one. He was a strong seller. I'm glad I had him out on the floor.


This is our living room on Friday night before the yard sale. It turns out there were some real "gems" that we let slide because we didn't have enough time to completely empty the attic before the sale. Had we known on Friday night what we knew on Saturday at 11:30am, we could have doubled our money--those framed Cabo San Lucas posters of Alex's would have been a gold mine. 


Here is our living room Sunday afternoon after Alex and my parents worked like Oompa Loompas to get the house and most of the PODs packed up. I was "babysitting" the kids to keep Catcher from climbing in the POD and Scout from grabbing the TV that is now within her reach.

More later. It's time for me to stuff a chair in the POD.

No comments:

Post a Comment