7.08.2011

i think we need a bigger bag


Ever since I lived out of a backpack for six months while traveling through Europe after college, I've considered myself a pretty decent and efficient packer. Until tonight. Tomorrow is the first time we've gone on a major trip--outside of the US, no less--with both children. Kids come with a lot of stuff. After I loaded the diapers and the butt paste and the sunscreen (about $100 worth because we have very fair-skinned babies who will not like the Mexican sun) and the life jacket and the floaty thing into the suitcase, there really wasn't room for much else. Our carry-on luggage is for the essentials like more diapers and Teddy Grahams and Goldfish to keep the kids quiet and happy (and fresh smelling!) on the plane. You seriously need a caddy with you on these trips...and I only have two kids (not counting Alex). After miraculously jamming all of Catcher and Scout's clothing into one tiny bag, I moved on to my own pile. If you'd ask me right now, I could not tell you what I packed for myself. Oh, I did manage to fit these wedges in somewhere:


Are they completely unnecessary? Perhaps, but I have to have something other than one pair of flat sandals for the trip. You can't expect any woman to go anywhere with just one pair of shoes.


So I'll be off for a few days...but hopefully I'll come back with some good pictures and interesting (but not too interesting) stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment