7.04.2011

first one to go

Happy 4th of July! I celebrated my independence today by working while Alex celebrated his independence by taking care of the kids (yikes!). He also managed to sell our china-buffet-hutch, so cheers to the beginnings of our moving slush fund (and cheers to getting rid of the first piece of furniture neither one of us was excited about moving). Although I loved our china-buffet-hutch when I found it at the Habitat for Humanity Restore a few years ago, I never had the time to refinish it as I had planned, and the drawers didn't really work once you weighed them down with your belongings. Plus, I'm confident I'll be able to find a suitable replacement in Austin when and if we ever buy another home.

Here's one last look at our mid-century find of the century:


The current state of our dining room (below). Please excuse the mess. If you didn't believe me before, you can see I was serious when I said I've given up on having our house "show ready." The table is up for grabs, too, so I hope it goes next and we can turn our dining room into the packing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment