7.19.2011

the sorting room

We're approaching ten days until our 19-hour journey to Austin, and it's time to get serious. Last night Alex began Adventures in the Attic. Among other things, he discovered we still have those IKEA shelves that I made him buy and hang in our bedroom only to have him take them down six months later when I freaked out one night thinking they were going to crash down on my head. He also found a box of hand-me-down clothes that we never opened and a bunch of coozies that will make someone's day for 10 cents at the yard sale. Speaking of the yard sale, that brings me to the current state of our dining room. Check it out:


I'm calling it the sorting room right now. Although nothing is actually sorted, per se, I have big plans to begin "TX" and "NC" piles. The Texas group will be transferred into our POD this weekend; the North Carolina stack will end up in our front yard on Saturday morning. I guess it's a good thing the kids wake us up at 5:30am on the weekends because we'll need the extra time to haul all this crap out of the house. Too bad Starbucks isn't open that early. We don't have a functioning coffee pot at our house, but we did find a semi-working toaster oven in the attic. I'll sell it to you for 5 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment