7.06.2011

suenos de mexico

We're leaving for our Mexican vacation in three days, and these are the three things I'm dreaming about today:


Everybody loves them but is a little embarrassed to drink them in normal social settings: umbrella drinks! When you're on vacation--and I don't care if it's Hawaii, Mexico or the Caribbean--the fruitier, more colorful and more decorated a drink, the better. Bonus points if your drink is served poolside; double bonus points if your drink is served via swim-up bar in the pool; triple bonus points if your drink is served in a swim-up pool next to a drunk, obnoxious, sunburned American raving about religion, politics and terrorists.


A giant straw hat, because without it I would be the obnoxious sunburned American. I'm also dreaming of SPF 75 because it's taken me years to get this pasty and I don't want to ruin it with a few days in Mexico.


And of course I'm dreaming about the beach, and the palm trees, and the relaxing sound of waves crashing on the shore. Is it Saturday yet? Better yet, is it Saturday following an early morning plane ride with a toddler and a baby, customs in Cancun, a 45-minute cab ride to Playa del Carmen and check-in at the resort...now where's that fruity drink?


No comments:

Post a Comment