3.21.2011

will you buy me now?

It's time for the weekly status update. I'm not talking about Facebook; I'm talking about our everlasting to-do list. This weekend my parents came down to Charlotte--thank you for the 80 degrees and sunshine on Saturday--to help appeal the curb of our house. It's no secret that I don't go gaga for greenery, but at least Catcher had fun with the plants.


Scout was (once again) Bjorned (and snoozing!) during all the fun.

I got in on the action by taking all my pent-up frustration (why hasn't this damn house sold?) out on a bush that may or may not have been alive (it's dead now!) in the flowerbed. I even destroyed a pitchfork in the process. In case you're wondering, it's way easier to dig a plant up using a shovel versus a pitchfork--next time just wait for the text from your husband telling you the shovel is across the street at your neighbor's house.

One more look at the empty window box before (above) and after (below). Thanks to Catcher and my mom for their vision and planting skills.


The flowerbed before (above): take note of the naked twiggy thing sticking up by the porch. How's that "pop of color" in the after pic (below)? And do you notice a difference in the number of leaves encroaching on the flowerbed? No?! Remind me why I rake again...






























The side porch. I have no before picture, but there wasn't anything there to compare it to anyway. That pot on the stairs is actually the first plant thing I've ever liked. My mom came up with the idea to do this mini herb garden, if you will, and I have to say it's not half bad. The hanging flowers are kind of cute, too, and I actually watered all the plants this evening when I got home from work. Catcher helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment