3.04.2011

is it summer yet?


The thing with having a kid every-other July (as has been the case with me since 2008) is that you miss your summer vacation. You may get 6-8 weeks off of work for maternity leave, but that really shouldn't count as any sort of vacation. Unless you're used to waking up every 2 1/2 hours and walking around in a constant state of sleep deprivation during vacation (well, maybe the sleep deprivation part applies, but it's still not the same). So this year I feel like I owe myself a vacation--especially because last year I went through childbirth without an epidural (what's the statute of limitations for how long I can milk that one?). I want to go somewhere far, far away where there's no laundry to do and no bathrooms to clean and no meals to cook...not that I cook anyway.

To me one of the best parts about vacation is actually planning the vacation. Or just thinking about planning a vacation, which is what I'm doing right now. Although I may be sitting on my sofa--in my house that hasn't sold--this July, it's nice to dream that I might be lounging poolside at one of these fabulous locales...



The Gansevoort Turks and Caicos. Do you think children are allowed? Because the one Alex and I stayed at in Miami was definitely not G-rated. Maybe we'll save this one for an adults-only trip.


La Lancha in Guatemala seems like a cute little family-friendly hacienda-style kind of place.


It's entirely possible that the 13 rooms at the Palace at Playa Grande in the Dominican Republic are all larger than our house. In fact, I'd wager to say that they are. We could add a cot for Catcher and pack-n-play for Scout and still have more room than the 847 square feet our home in Charlotte provides. At $120 a night?! It looks like my next stop on this vacation-planning train is US Air. If you're looking for me in July, I'll be sipping a fancy drink waiting for the executive chef to prepare a meal specifically suited to my taste for the evening.


Images from JETSETTER and Mr & Mrs Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment