3.14.2011

how's that list coming?






































Tomorrow is March 15th. We gave ourselves a deadline of March 1st to have our house back on the market. We missed it. Remember the list? Well, here's where we stand: we've crossed 16 things off the list. And of those 16 things, one isn't technically complete yet (Alex has ordered new glass for the kitchen door but it hasn't been installed yet) one was half-assed (I decided I would replace the shower liner but not the curtain) and one was crossed off without being attempted (unless you call looking for uplights at Lowe's "attempting" to put uplights behind the TV).

Alex is about to embark on a 15-day journey through NCAA madness, so it looks like our March 1st is more realistically April 1st. How is it that the time goes by so slowly when you're house is on the market and you don't have any showings yet so quickly when you're trying to get your house prepped to be on the market? Although I look at this little delay as time wasted, I think back and remember when we first put our house on the market in the summer of 2009...

- before I was pregnant with Scout
- before Catcher turned 1
- before Alex went to the Olympics
- before I cut my hair
- before we installed granite counter tops
- before our neighbors moved to Germany
- before Alex's high school reunion
- before I dyed my hair brown then blond then brown again (I just colored it last week!)
- before our 5-year wedding anniversary
- before Michael Jackson died
- before the Packers won the Super Bowl
- before the iPad came out
- before my favorite color went from yellow to orange to army green
- before I re-read Harry Potter for the third time (and I mean all the Harry Potters!)
- before my friends moved to Dallas
- before Bob went to a better home

No comments:

Post a Comment