3.30.2011

read on

A couple weeks ago Catcher received a book that was once the property of a school library, and as he was peeling away the pocket that once housed an old-fashioned library card--is that even what they're called...you know, the thing they stamp when you check out a book?--I realized it's been a long time since I set foot in a library. I still carry my New York Public Library card in my wallet, but it's more of a relic to show how "literary"  I am (or how literary I was or wanted to be in my Manhattan days). I'm not sure I would even know how to navigate a library today. A bookstore is one thing, but is the Dewey Decimal system still in place?

Always a sucker for quirky, nostalgic things, I came up with this idea to make note cards out of old library cards (seriously, is that what they're called?). But the thing with coming up with a great idea like that is that someone else already has. Here's a look at some crafty etsy people who stole my idea:

library greeting cards

library card bookmark

just because

library card save-the-date

notecards

No comments:

Post a Comment