8.05.2014

morning splash


It only took three years plus one hot summer morning away from the three kids (they're all in Vacation Bible School this week) to get me to Barton Springs Pool. I'm not a strong swimmer--I'm sure my shoulder and chest muscles will have their revenge tomorrow--by any stretch of the imagination. My strokes are goofy and ill-timed. I don't have any nifty gear like googles or flippers, but I have to admit that the spring-fed water is truly exhilarating. There were swimmers twice (or maybe three times?!) my age pushing through lap after lap in the chilly waters, and I felt guided by their endurance. Or else I just didn't want a bunch of old folks making me feel bad about myself [wink implied]. 



Alex crushes it alongside the senior citizens' brigade.


That's my man.

No comments:

Post a Comment