8.18.2013

sunday matinee


Welcome to the last week of summer vacation. It also happens to be my birthday week, so things are going to get pretty wild around here. This morning I treated the kids to Ken's Donuts for breakfast because it's the last week of summer and it's my birthday week. Prior to donuts, however, the morning started on the front porch around 7:00 when Tillie, who had been awake since 5:55, and Catcher played with a new set of bubble-making devices. Scout slept in until almost 8:00. She knows it's my birthday week--have I mentioned that?--and is looking to score bonus points.

After donuts we came back to the house where Catcher and Scout played nicely and quietly together (I have a picture to prove it!) and Tillie ran around acting like the wild and crazy 18 month-old that she is. After lunch and naps for the ladies, I let the littles watch an afternoon movie because...do I have to say it? Tillie usually won't stay seated for more than five minutes, but the popcorn (or "poppy") kept her attention longer than anything on the screen. She's half-naked, by the way, because she takes her naps upstairs in the "attic" (aka, the grownups' bedroom) and it's really hot--even with the window unit AC--in the middle of the day. That's also why her hair is wild and crazy and sweaty.

The afternoon movie carried us seamlessly through dinner, baths and bed time...well, almost...



No comments:

Post a Comment