6.21.2013

pack it up, pack it in


We're leaving Austin for five weeks in four days. (Catcher gives me the countdown every morning.) I've always been a last-minute packer myself; I feel that "packing under pressure," as I call it, leads to executive decision-making. There's no time for thinking about whether or not you're going to need this dress or that pair of shoes--you just pack and pray.

Scout, on the other hand, must be one of those who prepares days and days ahead of time. Yesterday, while she was supposed to be taking a nap, I heard her shuffling around in her room for an hour. When she finally opened the door to let herself out, I walked in to discover Scout had been packing herself for Milwaukee. There is nothing staged in this photo--it is exactly how I saw it when I walked in and quickly snapped a shot with my iPhone. I'm definitely enlisting her help on Monday when I get down to some serious packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment