6.15.2013

just another manic saturday

Alex is out of town. The day started before sunrise. The girls did not nap this afternoon. That's three strikes against me, but somehow we managed to make it through the day (even if I was serving lunch at 10:30am, which should technically count as another strike).

This is how the afternoon went down: trip to Elisabet Ney Museum for "Ney Day," where there was live music, caricature drawing, face painting and flower sniffing. The strangely muggy day must have messed with my brain because at 4:30 I told everyone we could have frozen yogurt for dinner. I justified this action by making the kids pick fruit flavors and fruit toppings--until Catcher asked me for two gummy worms and Scout wanted sprinkles (sure, why not?). I only regretted the decision of serving "healthified" ice cream for dinner a few minutes before baths when Catcher, Scout and Tillie were all fighting over...something...

At 6:52 Scout declared she was tired and walked herself into her bedroom. My laziness to prepare--or even think about--dinner paid off when both girls were snoring by 7:15. Of course, I'm sure that means I'll have another 6:08 wake-up call tomorrow morning, but at least I can veg out for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment