6.09.2013

morning shower


The children are fascinated by the rain. I can't say I blame them, though. Since moving to Texas this is the first time in my life that I can clearly remember being excited when it rains. I guess living in a constant state of drought will do that to you. So this morning when Catcher and Scout took it upon themselves to strip down and play in the rain, I laughed. It turned out to be a great thing for me, too, because I was able to sit on the back porch and enjoy my morning coffee. I didn't dare bring out the paper to read because I didn't want to press my luck, but it was the best cup of coffee I've had on a Sunday morning since Rachel's* in New York.

*While doing research for this blogpost, I learned that Rachel's has closed. Alex is really the only person reading this to whom that means anything. That's New York for you, babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment